Monday, September 22, 2014

The only recipe you will ever need ...

That is, if you are lazy, like me, and want to spend 0.4 seconds getting dinner ready.
I promise with all my heart it is so fast and delicious you will want to come to my house and give me your firstborn for sharing it.
The one caveat being that you must own a crock pot.
And if you don't own a crock pot, then WHY?
Why would you chose to live that way?
That and I had an epiphany about my hair.
Again.

So first thing first:

Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili 
(that's a mouthful ... and that's what she said)

2 chicken breasts, still frozen
1 can Rotel tomatoes 
1 can corn kernels, do not drain
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese

Step 1: Gather all ingredients. 

Step 2: Throw them hastily into crock pot.

Step 3: Turn said crock pot to HIGH.

Step 4: Cackle maniacally and high-five yourself because you are done making dinner in 3 minutes flat.

Step 5: Tell spouse/family/coworkers that you slaved away preparing a healthy homemade chicken chili for dinner and you deserve some dessert/me time/award etc.

Step 6: Come back in 4-6 hours and eat.

Second order of business:
Methinks there is a similarity here.
Same eyebrows, same hair.
Perhaps I should pursue news-anchorhood as my new career.
This is no coincidence.
My life is coming into focus.
^^ I'm Ron Burgundy? ^^





















Happy Monday to all.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't going to make dinner tonight but then I read this and it's been in the crockpot all day. So thank you. I'm excited to see your hair as it grows!

    ReplyDelete